I love my legs & I dress them up
*edited & added images: 23 June 2010*
Yesterday, Dawn Yang told me that as a little girl, she’s always dreamt of opening a shop full of socks. How cute is that? For me, I like legs too. I’m a leg person. & I do like boney feettoo. But since legs are more aesthetically obvious, I tend to notice them more. Not having nice legs aside, my other part time job is to stare at people with nice legs of course! Not sure about you, but attitude legs definitely attract my attention. Some kind of leg fetish you think?
To me, it doesn’t matter the size & length of your legs. You can still make them gorgeous by slipping in a pair of comfy leggings, instead of having patchy skin & ingrown hair flapping around, no? Be fair, give your legs a chance to dress up too! They deserve to look edgy once in a while too you know.
So here I’m, my legs with a breath of Summer.
WHIPPIN IT UP TO OFFICE CHIC
Unless you’re a celebrity with unlimited stylists & clothes at your command, many of us commoners find it challenging to create different outfits for work with our limited selection. I think investing in a few pairs of stockings/leggings can create totally different styles while still keeping to our budget. The more to mix & match with!
This was totally a test shot, but I like the duo effect (minus the wrong heels) so I’m putting this up.
What I think:
- Light/dark stockings add texture – instantly make an appearance at work.
- Keep the skirt/dress at an appropriate length, nothing too short — you’re not working in a night club!
- & pick some playful patterns! –we don’t want to look like we own only one pair plain black stockings, do we?
What’s on me: Ivory star full-length stockings
I like the look of sporty + preppy & coloured socks rock it more urban.
What’s on me: Butterfly knee-length
This was another test shot that I find quite nice. Again, ignore the heels, it’s a test shot.
What’s on me: Yellow knee-length
What I think:
- Play bold colours — especially the colour of the team you’re supporting! The key is to create visual interest.
- Keep them short & thin – we don’t want sticky thighs drenching stadium benches.
- I like it that the socks is just below knee — shows a bit of skin.
SAVE OUTGROWN SKIRTS/DRESSES
Sometimes, we’ve bottoms that are too short but also too pretty to throw them away, right?
I think I look a little bit weird here with the shades but the original idea was to conceal my identity! Let me know your thoughts.
What I think:
- Save some bucks on buying a new skirt/dress by pairing up with a pair of stockings/leggings, provided that it’s long enough to just
- I chose footless tights for a more casual look in the day style & the dark full length pair plus I get to air my feet!
What’s on me: Flower lace footless tights
FASHION FORWARD FRILLS
Although the romantic current is not normally my style, I do have days I want to bring out my feminine side. & I love that a pair of translucent stockings add an airy transparency to the lacey look.
Seems like I’m enjoying the feminine power of my stockings.
Hi Kotex/Laurier/Whisper, feel free to contact me for your upcoming commercials!
What I think:
- Go for contrasting colours like black & white i f you don’t want to look overly-girly.
- A safe bet is to keep the legwear simple if your top is frilly or has many layers already.
What I’m wearing: Black hearts sheer stockings
As you can tell, leggings breathe new life to my wardrobe. Now it’s time for you to win some goodies in 3 simple steps:
[CONTEST] For all readers:
This Summer, Citrusox is feeling generous & you stand a chance to win attractive prizes! The 3 best outfits each win $50.00 worth of Citrusox legwear. That means 24 pairs of socks or 4 pairs of stockings or 2 pairs of Korean leggings! Time to mix & match!
Step 1: LIKE Citrusox on Facebook.
Step 2: Write on Citrusox Wall why you deserve to win.
Closing date: 18 July 2010
Citrusox is located at Bishan Junction 8 #01-28. Tel: 6353 4864. For more outlets, check out their Facebook.
20% off if you print this out: